Elliot has been coming up with her own recipe ideas lately. We went out to dinner the other night and I let them get some ice cream for dessert. On the way home she said "wouldn't it be cool if there was Paleo ice cream?!" I said "yes" and left it at that. Today she was telling me her idea for ice cream, so we made it for dessert. I was SO impressed! It was delicious!! Even if you don't eat like us, you should make this with your kids (or some variation of it). She chose all of the ingredients on her own! Even when it came to the chocolate, she chose 90% dark over the others in the cabinet.
Ingredients:
3 bananas
10 strawberries
handful blueberies
1 oz dark chocolate
Puree bananas in food processor then put in a container. Puree strawberries and add to bananas. Throw in blueberries (optional-I thought they would be odd, but it was actually really good. They would also be good pureed like the other fruits).
Freeze for about 2.5 hours. Melt dark chocolate and drizzle over ice cream. It becomes like Magic Shell! Amazing! Eat as soon as possible after taking out of freezer.


2 comments:
Nice work Eliot!
Yum! The boys love banana ice cream! We start off w/frozen fruit ( at least the bananas) so there's no wait. Awesome job Elliot! We miss you girl! ~birdie
Post a Comment