One of my FAVORITE treats before eating Paleo was this amazing Banana Chocolate Chip Cinnamon/Sugar cake. I never ate any other cake, but this was the "don't touch or I'll hurt you" cake. Sometimes, I made it my mission to finish an entire bundt pan cake by myself! It took a few days, but I could do it! Today, I found a VERY good substitute for it and the most amazing part is that it has NO added sweetener. I thought "there is no way this can be good" but decided to try it. I initially only made a few muffins as I was prepared to add some honey. It really did not need it!
I'm sticking with the Baby Cakes maker for our muffins. The kids love them and it's amazing portion control. If they get one muffin for a treat, they are completely satisfied. Yah, I might eat 4, but that's probably 1 normal sized muffin (and normally I would eat 4 normal sized muffins! haha)
Here's the recipe from THIS blog:
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups almond meal
2 ripe bananas
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
3 eggs
splash of vanilla extract
1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (ideally darker if you have it)
1 cup walnuts, chopped (I omitted these)
In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork, and add the eggs, softened butter and vanilla. You could use coconut oil for this recipe too. Whisk the wet mix to get rid of big chunks Combine the almond meal, sea salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a smaller bowl and add the dry ingredients to the wet little by little. Chop the walnuts and add them to the batter. Add the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 For 15 minutes.
*The only thing missing from my old cake was the crunch of sugar. Maybe if I rolled it in some dirt? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment