Sunday, November 13, 2011

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes


YUMM!!!! These were like eating pumpkin muffins in pancake form! Of course, they were a little darker than usual pancakes, but to my surprise, they did rise up some! I know the picture may not be appetizing, but they were delicious! Highly recommend you try them out. I'm quickly learning that just because you choose to be grain free, you don't have to give up good food!

I googled for this recipe and found it at: http://www.ultimatecrossfit.com/forum/topic.php?id=140 but here is the recipe if you don't want to go to another page:


Ingredients:
* pinch of baking soda

* pinch of salt

* 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 cup almond flour

* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 tbsp honey
* 2 eggs


Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl, then in another bowl combine the wet ingredients. Then toss the wet ingredients into the dry and mix thoroughly. Let mixture sit for 2 or 3 minutes.

Cook in a pan on medium-high like a normal pancake.


I served ours with sliced bananas drizzled with almond butter. (I know you love the Buzz Lightyear plate, ey?)


No comments: