All over my Facebook newsfeed is people on a mission: Lose Weight! Then, once they lose this weight, they sell weight-loss products. I really don't exactly get it. Yes, this is coming from a skinny girl that can't gain a stink' pound if I try-but just hear me out.....
I have been learning about food lately. Not just research, but watching people. If you eat processed, toxic, man-made, modified, sugar-overloaded, chemically inlaid, addictive foods (because our government mistakenly tells you it's good for you)-you are going to be that! You are going to feel like crap, stay or get fat, and wonder what's wrong. Then, you are going to think you need to make a shake or take a pill to lose the weight and feel better.
On another note: if you just EAT RIGHT and EXERCISE you will lose the weight, have an incredible amount of energy, see health problems disappear, and BE HEALTHY from the inside out! You won't be on any sort of diet that ends at some point. You won't be spending extra money on things you don't need. You are eating the way you should, and will continue to do it for the rest of your life. You do not need to take supplements to make you your ideal weight!!! My hubby is in AMAZING shape and has lost 26 lbs by doing the above 2 things.
Wes' Crossfit gym has a little saying that "Strong is the New Skinny!" I think that's awesome. You do NOT have to be skinny to be healthy. Society has gone terribly wrong in making you believe this. You can be strong, big boned, eat well, and in awesome shape! Don't let this picture of the ideal woman/person affect your self esteem!
So... I'm not going to sell you any products, but I hope I can sell you on an idea: Eat well and Exercise. What a concept!
*P.S. I still love all of my friends that sell these things... just don't agree :-) AND, if this posts get you a little upset, make the recipe below and you will be on top of the world!!!!!!
1 comment:
We love parsnips!!! And I agree with you!!! :) You are what you eat, and I think that fruits and veggies are the way......and of course exercise!!! Page and I meet at the gym 4 out of 7 days during the week and what is super awesome is it is a mini date!!! Not only helps with maintaining weight(not that I am skinny or anything), but also maintaining my mind & marriage!
:)
Post a Comment