Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Levi


Oh Lee-vee (as we call you) we love you so much!! What a wonderful year we have had. As I was nursing you to sleep tonight it was exactly 6:10pm, the time you were born 1 year ago! How special. (you usually go to bed around 5:30pm) I was reminded of how quickly you decided to make your entrance into the world. The nurses thought there was plenty of time to piddle-around, but you zoomed on out! Funny thing is, you are the same way now. You see something and are quick to get it. You love getting yourself in some crazy predicaments. Makes us laugh, yet keeps us on our toes. You love adventure! I am so proud of you for already figuring out how to get off of things. You're learning to turn around and put your feet on the ground first (rather than your head!) This is a big deal!! You even went down our little slide on the back porch all by yourself the other day. I also find you on top of things (treasure box, play area) or in tight spaces (under sofa, crawling through bar stools, etc). You are VERY active!

You are a great eater. You love about everything we have given you. Not picky at all! YEA! Guess you have to eat alot because you are constantly burning energy and moving! Almost every meal you try to escape out of your highchair. It's quite scary. I think I am going to tryt o sew some shoulder straps onto your chair so that you don't climb out and get hurt.

You even like things that aren't food. You will put just about anything in your mouth. A little scary, and one more reason we have to watch you closely. Yesterday we found a button in your poo--and we never even knew you swallowed one. OOPS!

I'm still working on getting you to take a sippy cup. You only like to drink from Mama. Speaking of which, you are nursing less than before (maybe 6 times/day). You even slept through the night a few times. That was great. You are easy to put to bed. You will even go down without nursing. It seems like every night you wake up about the same time to get your Daddy snuggles in. Daddy holds you and you go right back to sleep. Precious.

You now have 6 teeth! You can't really see them very much, but they are there! You smile at everyone and can just light up a room with that big grin! Adorable! You don't like to talk too much. I think you may have said "Bye" a few times and you are starting to make some good sounds like "ma" and stuff. But, you have other things to do: like think about your next adventure. You look at us like we are crazy when we try to get you to clap, do "so big", or mimick some other behavior. You have no interest in our schnanigans!!

WE LOVE YOU BUDDY!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

that's hilarious that he had a button in his poop!