Monday, February 28, 2011

17+ weeks

Had my bi-weekly appt today. (Funny, since you usually don't start going that frequently until the END of your pregnancy.) Might even be considered weekly since on the weeks I don't go to the doc I go for an ultrasound!

Baby's heart rate was still perfect. Right around 152. Still feeling it move around too. It gets stronger everyday and I cherish every little movement. My question for the doc was "where is all the blood coming from?" The analogy I was thinking about the other day and explained to him was that of a balloon. You fill it just a little with water (say a few cm like a blood clot). Once it pops, the water is GONE. Why do my blood clots keep "popping" over and over and over? At this point, he had no definitive answer to give. Basically said the blood is coming from somewhere and we don't know where! He said we'll see what my ultrasound shows on Monday and go from there. I asked about a referral to a Perinatologist, and I have a feeling that will be coming after my next appt. with the doc (March 14th). What inside me is losing blood? This is so weird!!

I still have tons to be thankful for! I think I'll list a few:
Thankful that:
*I'm on bed rest at home and NOT stuck in the hospital!!
*I get to see/hear my kids playing all day and kiss them before nap and bed time
*Sweet friends have brought us some meals (nice stress reliever for my parents)
*My parents have basically moved in to take care of the kids AND me!
*I feel great :-)
*Wes is coming home for the weekend! YEA!

I know I have way more to be thankful for, that's just a few of the things.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a journey you are on. Thank you for the details... I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting. :) And of course, the praying will keep on, too!