We went to Lowe's this morning to do another project. (When we were getting ready Elliot decided she needed "A bunch of ponytails," so that is why there are four!) Today was DUNE BUGGY day! Elliot was not to into hammering today, so that got to be my special job. All she wanted to do was play with the wheels and stick nails in them with her hands.
Okay, so I'm doing my special job of hammering and I nail the first two pieces together (w/ 4 nails) completely upside down!! OOPS! I bang them apart and we're back at square one. Project is going well, then it's time to assemble the wheels. Even though we're now doing the exciting wheels, Elliot's getting over it. So, I get one wheel on, put the axle through and as I'm hammering the other wheel on--I split the thing in half!! Another, OOPS! Elliot looks at it and said, "you broke my car!" with the most pitiful voice. I felt pretty bad. We talked about how we would fix it at Daddy's work bench once we got home. She thought about it for a bit and said, " I want Daddy to fix it!" I guess I had messed up enough of her project.
One more thing: at 9:30 last night we were driving home from a friends house and Elliot was STILL talking about our traumatic event at Lowes! We passed the store and she said, "You do it funny Mommy. Me and Daddy will fix it together." haha
No comments:
Post a Comment