Seriously, you're more than welcome to come over for dinner whenever you'd like! Tonight I had my parents over and it was great. Let me tell you about our evening:
When they arrived the house was nice and quiet. Levi was the only one awake (remember, he doesn't like napping!) and the oven was preheating. Got the food in and then woke Elliot up. Within about 2 minutes she had stubbed her toe and was crying. It's magically healed with a bandaid. A few minutes before dinner is ready, Levi decides to fall asleep while my dad is holding him! "OH NO" I think...I wanted to give him a bath before bed time. Well, his nap is short lived and he wakes as soon as my dad lays him down. I give him a quick bath while my Mom is now in the kitchen cutting up the hen's :-)
We get Elliot her plate fixed and start fixing another one. Mom cuts into the 2nd hen and it's not done yet. Uh oh...back in the oven. No problem, we'll split up what we have until the rest is ready. Now, Levi starts screaming. He decides he wants to be tired when we want to eat. Mom holds him-I hold him and try to feed him...no luck-he's tired-I put him in swing-Mom gets him again. Walks around a while-no luck. In the meantime, Ezra wakes up and has to eat. Did I mention we're still TRYING to eat dinner here? Now, I'm out on the couch trying to get comfy and feed Ez while Mom is walking around with Levi. Oh, and my dad is helping Elliot who has now finished her dinner and is ready for ice cream.
You know, I can't even remember the whole event. Boys finally ate and then I went and had some dinner. My dad played with Elliot, fixed a toilet, took out the trash, gave Elliot a bath, and then cleaned up toys. I started cleaning the kitchen up from dinner-but had to stop and feed babies. My mom finally got Levi down a little after 8pm. Apparently it's really hard to BURP sometimes. haha. I got Ezra to sleep too. Then, mom had to go lay down with Elliot and not long after Ezra was back up. Not sure why--maybe he just needed some more snuggles. I think all the energy dinner gave us was burned off within an hour!!!
So....if you want to come to my house for dinner, feel free to invite yourself anytime! Just be prepared for anything. You may have to help cook, bathe children, take out trash, soothe screaming crying babies, etc. etc. etc.
(Did I mention this is the "norm" around here?!?!)
3 comments:
I would love to come for dinner. Maybe one day we will be able to. That stuff oesn't bother ME, you know that!
I'm trying to figure out how this is different from our house! LOL
I love it!!! Sounds like our house and I only have 2! Something about kids and meal time:} haha
Post a Comment