Saturday, May 22, 2010

El's 4th Birthday Party

We celebrated Elliot's 4th birthday party today. (Remember, we pick a random day since her real birthday is 3 days after Christmas). Anyways, it was a lot of fun and most importantly, exactly what she asked for (minus the absence of a few friends who had things come up last minute-hope you all feel better!)

We had a table set up so the kids could decorate bookmarks (they said "Elliot D.'s 4th birthday Party") with stickers and markers. They seemed to have fun doing it.....I tried to keep the food simple, so the menu was yummy...hotdogs. Okay, I know-that's gross. But really, they were grilled so they weren't so bad. Made some baked beans, and had chips, fruit, and potato salad. As requested, everyone decorated their own cupcakes. I like this idea because all I had to do was make plain cupcakes. That's fairly simple. It's always the decorating that bogs me down. Oh, and everyone gets what they want this way. Worked out well...good idea El! Everyone was very generous and gave her some very sweet presents. It was fun to watch her open them. I love how kids always hover around the "birthday girl" and watch/help them unwrap everything. Something annoyingly sweet about the whole thing :-)
...and what party isn't complete without a water balloon fight with your cousins?? I can't believe you guys are moving in a few days. We love you and will miss you SOO MUCH!! *For those of you who really like pic's and want proof that we and her brothers were actually at the party, feel free to browse the pic's I have HERE!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I really like your party ideas. We're having a small celebration for Bella's birthday this next weekend (with just one other family, but they have 4 kids, too!) and I think we might take a few ideas of yours. Looks like fun!